Posted by Jon, onehumanbeing on April 4, 2010
Listen to this sound collage
1. Intro – Fishing with Jon – 1:20 – NEW on 4.4.2010
2. Dream Leaver – Instant Karma Mix – 5:06 – Released 3.30.2010
3. Dance Upon injustice – The Calling Down Mix – 8:56 – Released 4.2.2010
4. These Songs of Freedom – The King Mix – 6:02 – Released 4.3.2010
5. Fearless In My Own Way – The How Long? Mix – 6:46 – NEW on 4.4.2010
6. Bonus Track – Good Morning John by Kris Kristofferson – 2:50
Download All Tracks
68mb zip file containing MP3 files all 6 tracks – http://ufoverdriver.onehumanbeing.com/wp-content/uploads/GoodMorningJon.zip
About the song “Good Morning John”
My friend Pete included this song (Good Morning John by Kris Kristofferson) on a music playlist a couple of months ago, and it really got under my skin – in a good way – and during this last month it evolved into this sound collage – Thanks Pete!
Kris Kristofferson originally wrote this song about Johnny Cash’s struggles with addiction for a sobriety party in the 1970s. He explained to Billboard magazine: “Everyone was supposed to say something inspirational, so I wrote a song. I tried to record this once before with Willie Nelson and my band. When I sang the chorus, they echoed me when I would sing ‘Good morning John.’ When I got to the line that said ‘I love you John,’ Willie said ‘He loves you John’ and we all cracked up laughing. We never finished it, so I finished it myself.”
Enjoy, reflect and pass it on!